This summer has been amazing, and it’s all thanks to the support of the HitFilm community.
Yesterday I moved back into my dorm at the University of Cincinnati, and today I just finished my first day of classes. If it’s anything like last year I’ll have minimal time to make videos and work on VFX content. I’ll be doing my best to keep up, but I thought it’d be nice to look back on the past few months and look at what we’ve accomplished.
- In April earlier this year, after an 8 month break while I attended my sophomore year, I returned to YouTube with a HitFilm 4 Express overview video.
- We built and launched the Preset Marketplace, a central repository for HitFilm templates. There are now over 40 presets available for download, with more on the way!
- Radiance 2.0 was released, bringing high quality anamorphic lens flares to your creations.
- Bokeh, a collection of 75 HD real lens dirt textures, makes your CG videos even more realistic.
- Total views on this website have increased 5x to nearly 2,000 views and hundreds of visitors per month.
- To end the summer I’m giving you the chance to win HitFilm 4 Pro & an ActionVFX collection. The contest is still live until August 26th; submit your entry now!
I wanted to write this to say thank you to everyone who has supported me. Creating HitFilm content, whether it’s tutorials, assets, or just making VFX shots, is what I really enjoy doing and the reception to what I’ve made has been extremely positive. I am very excited to be where I am today and look forward to continuing to work in HitFilm in the future!