This summer I’ll be flying over to Norwich, England for an 8-week internship with FXHOME.
I’m not sure I’ve ever been more excited about something in my entire life. When I uploaded my first HitFilm tutorial back in November of 2011, I didn’t have any idea that it would lead to this. I get the chance to work with some great people who are responsible for a fantastic software program and a friendly, helpful community!
Today also happens to be the final day of my junior year at the University of Cincinnati, so it feels like I’m moving directly from one phase of my life to the next. I’ll be FXHOME’s first international HitFilm Intern – “producing specialist content and tutorials for specific projects, product expert development plus community and marketing assistance“.
- Become a product expert level user of HitFilm.
- Gain enhanced VFX and filmmaking skills.
- Ability to produce professional and ‘on brand’ content across all channels.
- Understand how to have a strategic approach to integrated marketing campaigns and community engagement.
- Gain understanding of customer needs and produce optimized social media content.
- Develop understanding of how QA works including how to identify bugs and write user stories.
- Possess a deeper knowledge of how VFX software is developed.
I had numerous questions throughout this whole process, and I’m sure you do too. Please feel free to leave a comment below!